USNA Class of 1963 Foundation Survey
1. The response rate was 42% (313/756).
2. The majority of the respondents (61%) feel the Foundation should be terminated not later than 2013.
3. Of the remainder, 22% feel that the Foundation should continue without a firm termination date.
4. The majority of respondents, (69%) feel that scholarships should be discontinued at the earliest practical date or no later than our 50th reunion.
5. Continued financial support for "The Class of 1963 Center for Academic Excellence" was endorsed by 81% of survey respondents.
6. As long as the Foundation is in operation, 78% feel fundraising should be continued.
7. Of the Classmates who feel that the Foundation should be terminated by 2013, 38% feel that, subsequent to termination, residual funds should go to the Class Reunion Gift, and
8. 42% feel funds should be provided as seed money to the Class of 2013 to establish/operate a Foundation similar to ours.
As a result of the above findings the Foundation Board has voted to terminate the Foundation at our 50th reunion. Also agreed, "The Class of 1963 Center for Academic Excellence" will be our 50th reunion gift and we will begin a fund drive for this gift by soliciting pledges over a 5 year period, at our 45th reunion next spring.
The Board has established four committees to further work out the details and the implementation plans to complete the desires of the Class. These committees are as follows, Funds Raising, Final Funds Disposition, Scholarship Program Completion, and an Administrative Termination Committee.
If anyone has any comments or concerns please contact a member of the Board or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org or 5051 Chatham Valley, Toledo, Oh 43615 or 419-931-9303.